Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Depressing realisation.

I will never, ever be able to write top quality heavy metal lyrics.

I have come to realise this, and it saddens me greatly.

The reason, of course, is because English is my first language, and therefore I am unable to come up with faux words like 'enbewered' or 'chariotest', or construct a sentence like 'Aboon mee a strange formation of clouds gathered over the giant Cromlech'.

How will I struggle on living with this knowledge? Alas, who knows...

6 comments:

Francis said...

Delicious cynicism, in my eyes... haha.

Db0 said...

Become an avant-garde metaller and write in French.

Turn to NORSK ARSK BLACK METAL (RAAAH) and type in Norwegian, or better yet...old Viking! :D

Industrialize/gothicsize your music and write in German.

The possibilities are endless :D

Mr. T said...

Just copy some verses from the Bible that you like...

unwesen said...

Here's what you do. Use babelfish to translate your uncool lyrics to French. Then to German. Then back to French, and then back to English. Now correct them to the point that they're almost legible - done!

Nima said...

But of course you can write great lyrics. It is not about writing gobbledygook. Its about writing from your heart.

Mavi said...

You're right, those lyrics are really ridiculous, maybe the songwriter was a spaghetti-eater teenager pretending to be mysterious, sophisticated and cool...pitiful.
Hey, wait a moment...it was me!!!
or it was "mee" if you prefer ;)
Greetings from Emanuele (c.o.a.)